All of our peonies are picked at the perfect stage and immediately chilled, ensuring your flowers will be long lasting and of the highest quality.
Peonies are shipped dry so please open your order immediately and follow these steps to hydrate your peonies and allow them time to bloom. If you have questions, comments or concerns about your peonies please contact us as soon as possible.
1. Prepare a clean container with room temperature water.
2. Cut stems with sharp scissors at an angle at least one inch from the bottom and remove all leaves below the waterline.
3. Allow 24-36 hours for the buds to open in a room temperature location, or delay the blooming by keeping them refrigerated.
4. Change the water every one to two days to extend the life of your flowers.
5. Enjoy your premium peonies!
Alaska Peony Cooperative stands behind the quality of the peonies grown by our member farms. In the event that a shipment is lost or damaged in transit we will work quickly with you and FedEx to find a solution. If there is a question as to the quality of the stems you receive, please contact us immediately and be prepared to email us photographs and details of the problem. We will work with you towards a remedy or replacement.
The bottom line is that we want you to have the best peony blooms available for your event and we know that time is of the essence. As our client, please understand that we will need specific details in order to correct any problem; specifically, we MUST have photographs and MUST be notified of the problem within 24-hours of the time that you receive your peonies. This will help us work towards a solution and also help us to understand what went wrong and how to prevent it from happening again.
Each stem is hand harvested and immediately chilled before being graded and carefully packaged for shipping. We ship overnight to your door, and make available a variety of quantities per box in order to meet the diverse needs of our clients.